Doing laundry in college is hard and expensive. No one has their own washer-dryer in their bedroom, so people have to trek out to the far-away laundry room in the neighborhood. The worst part about the laundromat is that you also have to spend time going out to the laundromat. My class schedule makes it where I have to go on Wednesday nights because the laundry room is closed on the weekends, and so it turns into a four hour time usage to get laundry done (including time spent waiting for washers to become available), travel to each section to get your area’s machines and travel back. The amount of money, time, and effort that it continues to cost is absurd, so it just frustrates me. It is so hard, in such a close together neighborhood, to have so many people and not have a washer in every closet.
Here are a few good reasons why you should give the gift of laundry service to your college student this year.
1. Less work. College students are on the go all of the time. Whether they are taking a class, working, or participating in a club, the last thing they want to have to think about is laundry. Who needs yet another thing on their plate to worry about? Students at the same time would have enough things to worry about or assignments to complete. Why not get a college laundry service that is ready to go for you?
2. Save money. One thing most college students have on their minds is money. Most people probably don’t realize this, but college is actually an extremely expensive venture. Not only are students having to pay for their tuition, but they also have to pay for everything else that they need to survive. This can mean money for their meal plan, textbooks, and a host of other expenses. By letting your student receive laundry service from college laundry service, they can save quite a bit of money. Most college laundry service providers give discounts if your college student provides them with their student ID card. This will help them pay for books and other supplies, so they can focus on their classes instead of how they are going to come up with the money to pay for it.
3. Convenience. One of the most important things college students need to stay on top of their game is a little bit of convenience. Most colleges are located on the other side of town from the local laundry mat, which can make it inconvenient to drop off your clothes after you have them clean. Or, it can mean that you will have to leave your room if you want to get your clothes back from the cleaners. With a college laundry service that is located in the same area as the college, your student will never have to leave their dorm or apartment again. They will always have clean clothes to wear and fresh towels to use.
4. Makes their life easier. While going to college is supposed to make your life more exciting, it also has to take its toll on your time and energy. College laundry service can give students time and energy to work on their homework. When students are left to do their laundry by themselves, they have to plan their time around it. This can be very inconvenient when they have to wait for their laundry to be done or find an open washer or dryer. College laundry service eliminates all of these issues. With a college laundry service, students can expect that their clothes will be washed and dried, right when they are ready. They don’t have to worry about scheduling their time around when their laundry will be done. Also, there is no need for them to drive across town to drop off their laundry or drive around town to pick it up. With college laundry service, it is always clean and ready to be picked up.
5. Reduce Stress. After you have loaded your clothing into the washer, it can be difficult to keep it out of the mind. You may wonder if you have properly sorted your laundry or whether or not the washer will overflow and ruin your clothes. With a college laundry service, all of this is taken care of for you. You don’t have to worry about what kind of detergent you use, how long your clothes should be in the washer, or if your clothes will be ruined when they are in the dryer.
6. Avoid laundry mistakes. Most college students are probably unaware that they are making a laundry mistake when they try to wash their clothes by themselves. They may be doing it with their parent’s clothes or clothes that are of a delicate fabric. They may not be aware of the things that can go wrong. When you pay for college laundry service, you know that the clothes you are having washed are clean and safe. They are washed in a way that does not ruin the integrity of the fabric or leave lint behind. With a college laundry service, you don’t have to worry about what they are doing with your clothes.
7. Avoid broken washers and dryers. There is nothing worse than taking the clothes out of the dryer and finding out that you didn’t put enough clothes in the dryer. Your clothes won’t be dry or there will be lint all over them. It can be very frustrating when you have to keep cleaning and drying them. Broken dryers and washers can be very expensive. For a college student, this is something that can be hard to come up with the money to repair. College laundry service can save college students a lot of time, energy, and money by washing their clothes for them. There is no need for them to worry about whether their clothes will fit in the washer or dryer. They can focus on their classwork and their extracurricular activities without worrying about doing their laundry.
8. Easier to do laundry. This might seem strange, but by paying for college laundry service, it will be easier for your student to do their own laundry. This is because they will already be familiar with the area that they are used to getting their clothes cleaned. They will know where the laundry facilities are and how to get there. They won’t have to worry about asking for directions. They won’t have to ask anyone what they need to do. They won’t have to worry about reading the laundry instructions. They will be able to just do their laundry while spending their time focusing on the classes they need to take or their homework.